Please Enable Cookies to Continue
Please enable cookies in your browser to experience all the personalized features of this site, including the ability to apply for a job.
Aerohive Networks reduces the cost and complexity of today's networks with cloud-enabled Wi-Fi and routing solutions for medium and large enterprise headquarters, branch offices and teleworkers. Aerohive’s award-winning cooperative control Wi-Fi architecture, public or private cloud-enabled network management, routing and VPN solutions eliminate costly controllers and single points of failure. This gives its customers mission critical reliability with granular security and policy enforcement and the ability to start small and expand without limitations.
As a cloud architect, you will be joining a very talented and growing product team working on the cutting edge technologies. You will have an opportunity to influence the industrial trend of cloud-based network management. The candidate is expected to work with the team to bring our industrial leading network management systems to next level, providing rich functionality and unprecedented user experiences to our fast growing customer base, all through the convenience of cloud.
Your primary responsibility is the design of a highly scalable and highly available cloud system architecture that provides a good foundation for supporting existing and new network management functionality.
Other responsibilities include:
- Provide suggestions to senior management team on industrial technology trend on cloud computing and system architecture, as well as technical direction of the product
- Provide technical leadership to the team, and help to bring the team to next technical level
- Make recommendations about platform and technology (cloud, big data) adoption, and write proof-of-concept code
- Work closely with other system architects in US and China, development teams, and cloud operation teams to deliver high quality products and customer satisfaction
- The position may require travel to our China R&D center occasionally
- BA/BS Degree along with 5+ years of industrial software product development experience
- Hands on experiences in architecting, developing, and deploying large scale cloud applications
- Hands on experiences with big data technologies such as Hadoop, HBase, Impala, etc.
- Expert level knowledge in below technologies: J2EE, Database and cluster, Scalability, High availability, and Load balancer
- Thorough understanding of web application architecture, service-oriented architecture (SOA) and REST web services
- "Self-starter" and autonomous driver
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Network management experiences and network protocols (IP and wifi) knowledge a big plus
- Fluency in Chinese a plus